Temperanceville United Church traces its roots to the early days of the 1800s when settlers began trekking into the "hinterland" of what is now known as York Region.
The first log church was erected on the present site in 1809 with an adjoining cemetery as was usual for most rural Ontario churches in the early days of the 19th century.
Families have been worshipping at Temperanceville United Church for more than two hundred years.
Sunday School began in 1832 with 21 members and by 1849 had grown to forty-two. Annual Tea Meetings were held and attended by everyone since they provided activities and much of the social life for the community.
The name Temperanceville comes from the fact that between 1840 and 1890, there were five different Temperance Societies located in the area.
In 1887, three appointments made up the charge - Temperanceville, Wesley and Mount Pisgah.
Mount Pisgah closed in the 1960's, with Temperanceville and Wesley continuing as a two-point charge until May 2017, when they decided to realign, and are now two separate charges.